Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Glin Library 22/08/2014
- Glin Castle Yacht Race Sat 16th Aug 2014 18/08/2014
- Glin Knights Charity Cyclists Glin GAA cycle for Irish heart Foundation 18/08/2014
- Glin Summer Festival 2014 12/08/2014
- GLIN ICA 10/08/2014
- Glin Library 08/08/2014
- Tennis 18-22 August 2014 07/08/2014
- August Pre-Festival Tidy Towns Clean-Up 06/08/2014
Where are we?