Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Santa Claus @ Ceol Corbrai Dec 6th 26/11/2014
- Children’s Christmas Eve Mass 26/11/2014
- Farmers Market every Friday in Glin 25/11/2014
- Glin GAA 25/11/2014
- RESULT GAA Junior A, Glin 1-08 Kill 0-08 23/11/2014
- Parish Newsletter 21/11/2014
- Three Tenors Christmas Church Concert 2014 21/11/2014
- SENIOR CITIZENS PARTY HOSTED BY ICA 20/11/2014
Where are we?