Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Gaa 26/05/2015
- Gaa 19/05/2015
- Parish Newsletter 15/05/2015
- Celebrate the All Ireland Silver Medal Winners tonight… 14/05/2015
- Happy Birthday Glin Baby & Toddler Group!! 13/05/2015
- Gaa 12/05/2015
- Parish Newsletter 08/05/2015
- GB Rovers – U16 Team DESMOND CUP FINALISTS/DIVISION WINNERS (photo Den O Brien) 06/05/2015
Where are we?