Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Swimming Classes & Water Safety July 5th 02/07/2015
- Lifeguards on duty July & August 02/07/2015
- GAA Cul Camp July 13-17 02/07/2015
- Glin Library 02/07/2015
- Gaa 30/06/2015
- Tennis lessons 2015 starting Sat 27th June 26/06/2015
- Class of ’15 bid farewell to St Fergus… 26/06/2015
- Historical Society outing, June 28th 25/06/2015
Where are we?