Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Glin Defibrillator Group 02/03/2015
- Parents Council Pub Quiz Fundraiser – Thank You! 02/03/2015
- Movies & indoor Bouncy Castle 28/02/2015
- Parish Newsletter 27/02/2015
- Lifeguards – Glin & Kilteery summer 2015 27/02/2015
- Glin Rovers Last Man Standing… Feb 25th – only 20 left… 25/02/2015
- Parish News Feb 25th 25/02/2015
- Historical society meeting Fri 27 Feb 22/02/2015
Where are we?