The festival of Bealtaine, which celebrates creativity as we age, was celebrated in Glin library on Tuesday May 21st with music, song, dance, and poetry. A large crowd attended. Peg Prendeville read from her book “The Purple Pencil” while eight year old Ella Foley danced to the music of Michelle Foley, Catherine, Brendan and Gerard Stack. The Ballyhahill Going Strong club enjoyed the night’s activities and some of their members did party pieces. Daisy entertained all with her story of “Minding the House” and her lively recitation of “Rita Danaher’s Jennett.” Joe Kelly, Pauline Cussen and Maureen Long sang some songs. Katie Pitt, from Glin, had the group singing “I’ll take you home again, Kathleen”. John Prendergast from Limerick 95fm recorded some of the evening’s performance for his Saturday morning programme. Lizzie Woulfe, on behalf of the Ballyhahill/Loughill Going Strong group thanked Peg for arranging the night in the library and thanked the musicians and dancer for sharing their great talent.
- Glin GAA 17/04/2018
- Parish Newsletter 13/04/2018
- Glin GAA 10/04/2018
- Glin Pastoral Council – Easter Sunday 🌞 01/04/2018
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Holy Saturday….. 31/03/2018
- 🚴♀️RÁS🚴♂️ MUMHAN 31/3/18 31/03/2018
- Ella Tobin 🌟Star🌟 of the Tournament 31/03/2018
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Good Friday…. 30/03/2018
Where are we?