The 29th Knight of Glin, Desmond FitzGerald, who died in 2011, will be remembered at a special memorial lecture organised by the Limerick Chapter of the Irish Georgian Society on 17 September at 8 pm in the Tara Building, Mary Immaculate College. The lecture will be delivered by one of the Knight’s close friends, Nicholas Robinson, on the subject of ‘Poking fun at the great and the good in the golden age of caricature’. Mr Robinson has collected eighteenth-century cartoons for many years, and donated his vast collection to the library of Trinity College, Dublin, where they can be accessed. Entry: €8 ( €5 for IGS members, students free) pay at the door.
Glin Latest News
- My Rose Garden [Gloria]
- Evie Adams – Irish Dancing in Glin Town Park 🥇
- Glin Development and Tidy Towns – upkeep of Knockeranna Way.
- The Peacock Butterfly [Marie]
- Good Morning Sunshine [Estelle]
- A Stonechat Chick [Marie]
- Sprucing up the Town Park 💜
- Parish Newsletter: 30th/31st May 2020: Pentecost Sunday
- Twelve Pins – Mark
- Glin Walks [Aleksandra]
Glin, Limerick, Ireland