Glin Development Association is delighted to have gained ten points in this year’s Tidy Towns competition. Some of the comments from the judges follow:
“The new interpretative signage is a great addition to Glin and a wonderful aid to visitors”
“You have some lovely buildings of heritage value… Sheahan’s Hardware, Glin Pharmacy, McNamara’s shop, library and the quaint Geoghan’s pub. Conways looks neat and inviting.”
“The park looks wonderful and blends in well with the natural coastal surroundings. The planting of the Irish Yew and conservation of the stone wall has really tidied up this corner and made it attractive.”
“You are also commended for planting native trees where possible. You are raising awareness of your estuarine habitats, shoreline, birds and woodland through recently erected interpretative panels at key locations.”
The full reports can be read by clicking here.
Glin Latest News
- Glin Tidy Towns out and about on their Wednesday Cleanup
- Parish Newsletter: 6th/7th July, 2019.
- Parish Newsletter: 29th/30th June
- Corpus Christi procession – Glin – Sunday 30th June.
- Glin Tidy Towns
- Golden Jubilee Celebration – Rev. Fr. Tom Crawford – Glin Parish.
- Parish Newsletter: 22nd/23rd June 2019.
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council…mass time change.
- Limerick.ie #ourcouncil/ourstories
Glin, Limerick, Ireland