Glin Development Association is delighted to have gained ten points in this year’s Tidy Towns competition. Some of the comments from the judges follow:
“The new interpretative signage is a great addition to Glin and a wonderful aid to visitors”
“You have some lovely buildings of heritage value… Sheahan’s Hardware, Glin Pharmacy, McNamara’s shop, library and the quaint Geoghan’s pub. Conways looks neat and inviting.”
“The park looks wonderful and blends in well with the natural coastal surroundings. The planting of the Irish Yew and conservation of the stone wall has really tidied up this corner and made it attractive.”
“You are also commended for planting native trees where possible. You are raising awareness of your estuarine habitats, shoreline, birds and woodland through recently erected interpretative panels at key locations.”
The full reports can be read by clicking here.
Glin Latest News
- Parish Newsletter: 15th & 16th February 2020
- Parish Newsletter: 8th/9th February 2020
- CE Scheme Job Opportunities – Glin Day Care Centre.
- Give Blood 6/2/20
- Parish Newsletter: 1st & 2nd February 2020
- Parish Newsletter: 25th/26th January 2020.
- Glin Development and Tidy Towns AGM.
- Parish Newsletter: 18th/19th January 2020.
- Parish Newsletter: 11th/12th January 2020. Baptism of Our Lord.
- Glin Development Association AGM… all welcome.
Glin, Limerick, Ireland