Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- PORTRAITS 1916 Eamon Dore. RTÉ.ie EamonDore describes the months leading up to the Easter Rising. Check out video on www.rte.ie/portraits 1916. 14/01/2017
- Parish Newsletter 13/01/2017
- Singing in Glin 12/01/2017
- The haunting sound of the Curlew who faces extinction in Ireland. 10/01/2017
- gaa 08/01/2017
- Glin Library 03/01/2017
- Annual Hunt 28/12/2016
- Athea and MohernaghWren Boys……up the yard… 26/12/2016
Where are we?