Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- Tracing long lost friends – the search continues. Can you help? 26/06/2017
- Glin Castle Gardens 2017 26/06/2017
- Community games – congrats 🏆Ben & Nathan 25/06/2017
- Glin Tidy Towns – The Boss did some fab planting today! 24/06/2017
- Glin Tidy Towns – another Saturday, another cleanup! 24/06/2017
- Diocese of Limerick talk to Betty Browne at Lourdes 🙏 24/06/2017
- GB Rovers ⚽ Awards🏆🏅 June 29 24/06/2017
- Kilfergus Estate 🏡 getting a makeover! 23/06/2017
Where are we?