Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- LIMERICK ICA GUILDS MAKE AND MODEL COMPETITION 27/04/2017
- ‘Meals-on- Wheels’ in Glin 25/04/2017
- New Biodiversity Area at Glin Pier. 25/04/2017
- New Grant Aid Scheme for Community based CCTV Systems. 24/04/2017
- Glin Tidy Towns – Photos from Sat Clean-Up. 24/04/2017
- Thank you Willie Wall! 21/04/2017
- Tidy Town Shout Out 🌸🌺🌷🙋♂️🙋 Sat 22nd 3pm. 21/04/2017
- Irish Heart Foundation’s Mobile Heart Unit 20/04/2017
Where are we?