Summertime can sometimes be quiet in libraries as people tend to go to the beach or have picnics etc but it can bring lots of lovely visitors also. Last week in Glin library there were people from Ottawa in Canada, South Carolina USA and Brisbane, Australia. Not all of them had connections to Glin – some of them found it by accident – but all of them loved the town and the area and the people. Of course they were very appreciative of the library with internet access and local information. They all have complimented the local B&B’s and self-catering cottages. It was a pleasure meeting them all but it is just as much a pleasure meeting the local everyday readers too. So, whatever the weather, do not forget to call in. After all you can read your book at the beach too.
- First Saturday out for Glin Tidy Towns! 26/05/2018
- Parish Newsletter 25/05/2018
- Maintenance works complete on Glin Knights Walk and Heritage Trails. 18/05/2018
- Parish Newsletter 18/05/2018
- Glin Tidy Towns 17/05/2018
- Glin Tidy Towns – weekly cleanup! 17/05/2018
- Glin GAA 15/05/2018
- Parish Newsletter 11/05/2018
Where are we?