Glin Library was the venue for the opening of the County Fleadh Ceoil on Monday May 30th with “Tunes and Words”. John Healy of Glin Comhaltas welcomed about 70 people, including children who attended and took part. There was music, song, tin whistle playing, storytelling and sean-nós dancing by the children who were eager to show their talents. Then all were entertained and amused by the poems of Gabriel Fitzmaurice which were written for and about children. Following that it was party piece time where people, including Branch Librarian Peg, were hopped on for a song. John Sheahan, chairman of Glin Comhaltas, expressed appreciation for the library facilities in Glin. The night ended at 9.30 pm with a rousing rendition of Abhrán na BhFiann. “Tús maith leath na h-oibre.”
Glin Latest News
- Glin Community Gofundme https://gf.me/u/y9xyxz
- Glin Tidy Towns / Litter Picking.
- Campaign to leave Christmas lights on!
- Twilight Descending… by Mary T
- Town and Village Renewal Scheme Project .. funding allocated
- Goldfinch in Aughrim by Marie K.
- Glin GAA AGM.
- Tree of light, by Alexsandra…
- Feast of the Epiphany.. Wednesday 10am… churchservices.tv/glin
- Meade’s Hill on a cold and frosty morning..
Glin, Limerick, Ireland