A plaque to commerate Eamon de hOir (Dore) (1886-1972) was unveiled at Geoghegans on Saturday 20th August 2016 at 4.00 p.m. by his daughter Mairead.
Eamon Dore was born and raised in Glin in the house now occupied by the Geoghegan family – Gerard Geoghegan being a grand nephew of Eamon Dore.
Eamon Dore was a medical student at UCD when he joined the Irish Volunteers. He fought alongside Pearse, Connolly and Clarke in the GPO during the rising. He was later detained in British internment camps with Collins and de Valera and was released in January 1917.
Ar dheis De go raibh a anam uasal gaelach. Thanks to all who attended the unveiling
Glin Latest News
- Fr. Crawford Retirement.
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Fr. Crawford Retirement.
- Glin GAA Club Notes
- Conway’s Bar – Home
- Glin GAA – CLUB NOTES
- (no title)
- GLIN GAA CLUB NOTES ⚽️⚽️⚽️
- Showcase your photo 📸Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glin and Ballyguiltenane Confirmation …🙏
- Glin Knights Walk – Irish Independent write up!
Glin, Limerick, Ireland