A plaque to commerate Eamon de hOir (Dore) (1886-1972) was unveiled at Geoghegans on Saturday 20th August 2016 at 4.00 p.m. by his daughter Mairead.
Eamon Dore was born and raised in Glin in the house now occupied by the Geoghegan family – Gerard Geoghegan being a grand nephew of Eamon Dore.
Eamon Dore was a medical student at UCD when he joined the Irish Volunteers. He fought alongside Pearse, Connolly and Clarke in the GPO during the rising. He was later detained in British internment camps with Collins and de Valera and was released in January 1917.
Ar dheis De go raibh a anam uasal gaelach. Thanks to all who attended the unveiling
Glin Latest News
- Glin Knights Visitor Centre ⚔️🛡⚔️
- Glin Castle and Gardens Guided Tour…
- Parish Newsletter: 10th July 2022.
- Community Clinic – West Limerick – Have your say!
- Parish Newsletter: 3rd July 2022
- Parish Newsletter: 26th June 2022.
- CSDCU Draw – Limerick v Galway
- Tree Planting in recognition of Covid Efforts during pandemic.
- Parish Newsletter: Sunday 19th June 2022
- Glin Castle Yacht Race ⛵️⛵️⚓️⚓️
Glin, Limerick, Ireland