A plaque to commerate Eamon de hOir (Dore) (1886-1972) was unveiled at Geoghegans on Saturday 20th August 2016 at 4.00 p.m. by his daughter Mairead.
Eamon Dore was born and raised in Glin in the house now occupied by the Geoghegan family – Gerard Geoghegan being a grand nephew of Eamon Dore.
Eamon Dore was a medical student at UCD when he joined the Irish Volunteers. He fought alongside Pearse, Connolly and Clarke in the GPO during the rising. He was later detained in British internment camps with Collins and de Valera and was released in January 1917.
Ar dheis De go raibh a anam uasal gaelach. Thanks to all who attended the unveiling
Glin Latest News
- Glin teenager Cillian Mulvihill climbs the ranks 🇮🇪⚽️
- Parish Newsletter: 16th & 17th October, 2021.
- Glin Tennis Club Renovations
- Parish Newsletter: Saturday/Sunday 9th & 10th October 2021
- Parish Newsletter: 2nd/3rd October 2021
- Parish Newsletter: 25th & 26th September 2021.
- Parish Newsletter: 18th/19th September 2021
- Live 95 interview with John A Culhane and Trevor Anderson speaking about stories from Glin in collaboration with the Shannon Estuary Way.
- Parish Newsletter: 11th/12th September 2021
- GLIN GAA CLUB NOTES …
Glin, Limerick, Ireland