A plaque to commerate Eamon de hOir (Dore) (1886-1972) was unveiled at Geoghegans on Saturday 20th August 2016 at 4.00 p.m. by his daughter Mairead.
Eamon Dore was born and raised in Glin in the house now occupied by the Geoghegan family – Gerard Geoghegan being a grand nephew of Eamon Dore.
Eamon Dore was a medical student at UCD when he joined the Irish Volunteers. He fought alongside Pearse, Connolly and Clarke in the GPO during the rising. He was later detained in British internment camps with Collins and de Valera and was released in January 1917.
Ar dheis De go raibh a anam uasal gaelach. Thanks to all who attended the unveiling
- Glin Library 28/07/2017
- GLIN DRAFT PUBLIC REALM PLAN 23/07/2017
- More illegal dumping in Glin😡 22/07/2017
- Glin Tidy Towns – Saturday Morning Cleanup. 22/07/2017
- Glin Public Plan-Planning for the future 20/07/2017
- Hot Chocolate at Glin Pier! 18/07/2017
- Glin Castle & Garden Guided Tour – Aug 6th. 18/07/2017
- Glin Homes and Day Care launch new van 🚐 18/07/2017
Where are we?