A plaque to commerate Eamon de hOir (Dore) (1886-1972) was unveiled at Geoghegans on Saturday 20th August 2016 at 4.00 p.m. by his daughter Mairead.
Eamon Dore was born and raised in Glin in the house now occupied by the Geoghegan family – Gerard Geoghegan being a grand nephew of Eamon Dore.
Eamon Dore was a medical student at UCD when he joined the Irish Volunteers. He fought alongside Pearse, Connolly and Clarke in the GPO during the rising. He was later detained in British internment camps with Collins and de Valera and was released in January 1917.
Ar dheis De go raibh a anam uasal gaelach. Thanks to all who attended the unveiling
- Donate Blood Thursday Oct 19th 18/10/2017
- SAVE THE DATE – Christmas Concert 🌲 16/10/2017
- Christmas Concert in Glin Tuesday Dec. 17th 2017 16/10/2017
- Glencorbry River 15/10/2017
- Glin Rovers F.C. Notes 15/10/17 15/10/2017
- Historical Society Trip Down Memory Lane 15/10/17 11/10/2017
- Pilates on Wednesdays in Cloverfield 10/10/2017
- Christmas Concert 2017 09/10/2017
Where are we?