There was great excitement in Glin last Tuesday night as Glin was named the overall winner of Limerick Going for Gold 2016. Glin Development and Tidy Towns were a wild card entry in Tuesday nights final which was held at the Strand Hotel, Limerick. There was more than 140 entries in this years competition which began in June. Even with all the stiff competition, Glin came first with the top prize of E10,000!! We would like to extend a huge thank you to the JP McManus Charitable Foundation and Limerick City and County Council for this very generous prize. We would like to thank everybody in Glin who has contributed to our efforts to keep the town and the townlands clean and presentable, hence making Glin a beautiful place to live in. We look forward to getting ideas and suggestions on ways to use this much welcome windfall to enhance Glin even further, and hopefully more people will come on board with the Tidy Towns initiative. It would be great to see more young people becoming involved, each representing their own area, and bringing new and fresh challenges. It is together that we will reap rewards, when every little will help a lot. Please check out Glin Tidy Towns FB page and Glin.info for full listing of Going For Gold results.
Glin Latest News
- ‘The snowdrop and primrose our woodlands adorn’ ( Jean)
- Glin Mass broadcast from Radio Maria – Jan 26th at 10am
- Glin Community Gofundme https://gf.me/u/y9xyxz
- Glin Tidy Towns / Litter Picking.
- Campaign to leave Christmas lights on!
- Twilight Descending… by Mary T
- Town and Village Renewal Scheme Project .. funding allocated
- Goldfinch in Aughrim by Marie K.
- Glin GAA AGM.
- Tree of light, by Alexsandra…
Glin, Limerick, Ireland