Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
- Christmas in Glin 🎄🎄🎄🎅🎅🎄🎄🎄 14/12/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 15th/16th December 2018. 14/12/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 1st/2nd December 2018. 30/11/2018
- 🤶Toy🎁Show Snack Box & 🦌Reindeer Hot☕Chocolate 29/11/2018
- Glin Christmas Tree 🎄🎄- Church Gate Collection 🎄🎄 27/11/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 24th/25th November, 2018. 22/11/2018
- Parish Newsletter 16/11/2018
- Glin Defibrillator Group – Church Gate Collection 10/11/2018
Where are we?