Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
- GB Rovers ⚽ U12 Div 1 18/11/2017
- GB Rovers ⚽ Gaynor Cup U14 squad 18/11/2017
- CHRISTMAS SENIOR CITIZENS’ PARTY-hosted by glin ICA 15/11/2017
- Glin Christmas Concert 2017. 08/11/2017
- ⚽ Last Man Standing 💰 07/11/2017
- Glin Rovers F.C. Latest news/matches 05/11/2017
- St Fergus & Neven Maguire 🍛 🍜 03/11/2017
- Glin Tidy Towns – winter planting. 02/11/2017
Where are we?