Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
- Glin GAA 17/04/2018
- Parish Newsletter 13/04/2018
- Glin GAA 10/04/2018
- Glin Pastoral Council – Easter Sunday 🌞 01/04/2018
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Holy Saturday….. 31/03/2018
- 🚴♀️RÁS🚴♂️ MUMHAN 31/3/18 31/03/2018
- Ella Tobin 🌟Star🌟 of the Tournament 31/03/2018
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Good Friday…. 30/03/2018
Where are we?