Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
- Parish Newsletter 19/01/2018
- Glin Development Association 19/01/2018
- Glin Gaa 16/01/2018
- Remembrance Mass for Phil Giles RIP. 12/01/2018
- Parish Newsletter 12/01/2018
- Photos of newly renovated entrance to The Knights Walk. 12/01/2018
- Entrance to Knights Walk getting an upgrade. 10/01/2018
- Glin Gaa 09/01/2018
Where are we?