Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
Glin Latest News
- Parish Newslette: Sunday 29th January 2023.
- Parish Newsletter 22/01/2023
- Parish Newsletter: Sunday 15th January 2023.
- Parish Newsletter: 18th December 2022
- Dip❤at the Pier 18/12/22
- Christmas 2022 Corby Tree
- GAA Long Kick 26/12/22
- Glin Swim Club Charity 2022
- Parish Newsletter: Sunday 11th December 2022
- Lighting of Glin Christmas Lights 🎅🎄
Glin, Limerick, Ireland