Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
Glin Latest News
- Parish Newsletter: 24th and 25th July 2021
- Parish Newsletter: 17th/18th July 2021.
- Parish Newsletter: 10th/11th July, 2021.
- Glin GAA Club Notes …
- Parish Newsletter: 3rd & 4th July 2021.
- (no title)
- Glin GAA
- Glin Development Project Works…
- Parish Newsletter: 26th and 27th June 2021.
- Sunset at Knockeranna Way 23/6/21
Glin, Limerick, Ireland