Minister for the Environment Denis Naughten will on Monday announce a plan to use drones in a new crackdown on illegal dumping in rural and disadvantaged areas.
Fly-tipping and illegal dumping is getting significantly worse in many parts of the country, spurred by resistance to pay-by-weight rules favoured by waste companies.
Illegal dumping is now a major issue, and this year the Department of the Environment is expected to spend close to €10 million on enforcement action.
Community groups and State agencies will now get €650,000 to combat the issue, some of which will be used to pay for drones which will be able to catch aerial images of dumpers.
- Tidy Towns – Results🌸🌷🌼🌺 25/09/2018
- Gaa 25/09/2018
- Church Gate Collection – Glin Tidy Towns. 23/09/2018
- Glin Tidy Towns 23/09/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 22nd/23rd September 2018. 21/09/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 15th/16th September 2018. 14/09/2018
- Knockaranna Way 10/09/2018
- Historical Society September Outings 07/09/2018
Where are we?