The GB Rovers U.12 (Division 1) team had a great win today in the U.12 cup against Abbeyfeale in Abbey Rovers pitch. It was a super game of soccer and both teams should be proud of their performances today. GB Rovers had the most pressure in the first half and had a few chances but the game was extremely close with great skills and commitment being shown on both sides.
Shortly after half-time GB went ahead with a well taken goal by Lee Mulvihill. However Abbeyfeale upped the pressure and after Jamie Riordan made a great save the ball rebounded out to an Abbeyfeale player who scored in the confusion.
The game continued nip and tuck until the final whistle and ended in a draw. As it was a cup game extra time was needed. In the first half of extra time it was still very close until GB got a corner. Tom Healy got the ball and took a powerful shot which was deflected into the net by an Abbeyfeale player. GB held out for the remainder of the game to win 2-1. It was a great game and all the players involved deserve great praise.
The GB Rovers squad was Jamie Riordan, Aidan Healy,, David Mulvihill, Colm McNamara, Orla McNamara, Ella O’Connor, Tom Healy, Cillian Mulvihill, Charlie McDonagh, Donnadh Daly, Lee Mulvihill, Tabo and Sean McEnry,
Glin Latest News
- Forest Ferny Floor
- Some lovely photos of Glin by local photographers 📷
- Glin Mass Times – church services on the web.
- Glin Church Mass – live broadcast – Sunday 25th.
- Masses to be live-streamed from Glin Parish Church…
- Castle Keepers: Dominic West and Catherine FitzGerald of Glin Castle – The Gloss Magazine
- Fr. Crawford Retirement.
- Glin Parish Pastoral Council – Fr. Crawford Retirement.
- Glin GAA Club Notes
- Conway’s Bar – Home
Glin, Limerick, Ireland