The GB Rovers U.12 (Division 1) team had a great win today in the U.12 cup against Abbeyfeale in Abbey Rovers pitch. It was a super game of soccer and both teams should be proud of their performances today. GB Rovers had the most pressure in the first half and had a few chances but the game was extremely close with great skills and commitment being shown on both sides.
Shortly after half-time GB went ahead with a well taken goal by Lee Mulvihill. However Abbeyfeale upped the pressure and after Jamie Riordan made a great save the ball rebounded out to an Abbeyfeale player who scored in the confusion.
The game continued nip and tuck until the final whistle and ended in a draw. As it was a cup game extra time was needed. In the first half of extra time it was still very close until GB got a corner. Tom Healy got the ball and took a powerful shot which was deflected into the net by an Abbeyfeale player. GB held out for the remainder of the game to win 2-1. It was a great game and all the players involved deserve great praise.
The GB Rovers squad was Jamie Riordan, Aidan Healy,, David Mulvihill, Colm McNamara, Orla McNamara, Ella O’Connor, Tom Healy, Cillian Mulvihill, Charlie McDonagh, Donnadh Daly, Lee Mulvihill, Tabo and Sean McEnry,
- Parish Newsletter 16/11/2018
- Glin Defibrillator Group – Church Gate Collection 10/11/2018
- Glin Development Association 09/11/2018
- Knockeranna Way – works to start on eroded walkway… 06/11/2018
- Glin Development Association Meeting 30/10/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 27th/28th October 2018. 26/10/2018
- Parish Newsletter: 20th/21st October 2018. 20/10/2018
- Gaa 16/10/2018
Where are we?